A letter from Principal Mr. Watanabe was sent home with students from March 10-12, 2021 that included the following information:
All students in Gr. 3-5 are scheduled to participate in the Smarter Balanced Assessments. Students in Gr. 5 are also scheduled to participate in the HSA Science (NGSS) Assessment. These assessments will be administered on campus. Your cooperation is appreciated in preparing your child for the scheduled days of testing. Please review the dates below and add these dates to your family's calendar. (Calendar - PDF)
HSA Science (NGSS) Assessment - Gr. 5 Students
- Group A
- Opportunity 1 - Mon., 4/12/21 & Wed., 4/14/21,
- Opportunity 2 - Mon., 5/17/21 & Wed., 5/19/21
- Group B
- Opportunity 1 - Tues., 4/13/21 & Thurs., 4/15/21
- Opportunity 2 - Tues., 5/18/21 & Thurs., 5/20/21
- Distance Learners - Fri., 4/16/21 @ 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Smarter Balanced English/Language Arts Computer Adaptive Test - Gr. 3, 4 & 5 Students
- Group A - Mon., 4/26/21 & Wed., 4/28/21
- Group B - Tues., 4/27/21 & Thurs., 4/29/21
- Distance Learners - Fri., 4/30/21 @ 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Smarter Balanced English/Language Arts Performance Task - Gr. 3, 4 & 5 Students
- Group A - Mon., 5/3/21
- Group B - Tues., 5/4/21
- Distance Learners - Fri., 5/7/21 @ 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Smarter Balanced Math Computer Adaptive Test - Gr. 3, 4 & 5 Students
- Group A - Mon., 5/10/21 & Wed., 5/12/21
- Group B - Tues., 5/11/21 & Thurs., 5/13/21
- Distance Learners - Friday, 5/14/21 @ 8:30-10:00 a.m.
If you would prefer a different date, please contact the school Test Coordinator, Kathy Sewake, at (808)300-8357 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child is not feeling well or displays any cold or flu-like symptoms on the scheduled date of testing, your child will not be allowed on campus. Please notify the school Test Coordinator either by telephone or email listed above if your child will not be attending school on a scheduled testing date.
Distance Learners should arrive at school on each of the test dates listed by 8:15 a.m. These students should finish testing at 10:00 a.m. and can be picked up at the yellow fence after being excused. Please make sure that your child comes to school wearing a mask. School staff will be available to escort students to a testing room.
Please contact Principal Ken Watanabe at (808)981-7215 if you have any questions or concerns about testing.